• At the 2011 Memorial Cup, he tied for second on the team with five points (1-4-5) in four games, including a goal and an assist in the final, helping Saint John became the first team from the Maritime Provinces to win the tournament.
• Phillips helped Saint John to the 2011 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League championship, recording 24 points (9-15--24), including two game-winning goals, in 17 games.
• Phillips finished tied for sixth in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League scoring in 2010-11, recording 95 points (38-57--95) in 67 games. He led the Sea Dogs with 15 power play goals and tied for third overall in the league with a plus-48 rating as Saint John went undefeated at home in regulation (32-0-1-1).
• He is one of nine Saint John Sea Dogs on the Central Scouting list, which also includes two of his regular linemates – Jonathan Huberdeau (No. 3 ranked) and Tomas Jurco (No. 20 ranked). All three finished the season with seven game-winning goals.
• In 2009-10, he finished third on the team and ninth in the league among rookies with 44 points (16-28--44) in 65 games and helped the Sea Dogs reach the QMJHL championship final against Moncton.
• Phillips played for Lawrence Academy in 2008-09, leading the Spartans in scoring (19-29--48) and was selected to the All-New England team. Prior to Lawrence Academy, he had left home at the age of 13 to attend Eaglebrook School in Deerfield, Massachusetts.
• He wears number seven because both his father and grandfather wore the number and one thing people don’t know about him is he’s had 14 pet dogs throughout his childhood.
NHL team: Toronto Maple Leafs
NHL player: Anaheim’s Ryan Getzlaf
Shootout move: "Deke backhand"
Goal celebration: "Double fist pump"
Video game: Call of Duty
TV show: Friday Night Lights, Criminal Minds
Actor: Will Ferrell
Pump-up song: "Bring the Noise" by Public Enemy
Restaurant: Boston Pizza
Sport (other than hockey): Fishing