FOX Sports North, in conjunction with the National Hockey League’s Minnesota Wild, Minnesota Hockey and Wells Fargo, today announced details for the Seventh Annual Hockey Day Minnesota taking place this Saturday, January 19. The day will include over 21 hours of consecutive hockey-related programming and feature three outdoor high school games from Lake Pokegama in Grand Rapids, Minn., the last regular season WCHA match-up between arch rivals Minnesota and North Dakota as well as the Minnesota Wild’s 2013 home and season opener from Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul.
The telecast event begins at 9:00 a.m. with programming anchored from Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul and other locations across the state. Throughout the day, viewers will be brought back to numerous locations across “The State of Hockey” where the FOX Sports North team will introduce unique hockey-related features and vignettes. A list of features can be found below.
The 2013 event includes some of the most impressive and highly anticipated high school match-ups in Hockey Day history. Game one of the two outdoor boy’s high school match-ups from Grand Rapids, Minn. begins at 10:00 a.m. with Eagan vs. Hibbing. Match-up two begins at 1:30 p.m. with Benilde St. Margaret’s vs. Grand Rapids. The complete schedule can be found below.
Hockey Day Minnesota 2013 will include numerous online elements and interactive components. Followers of FOX Sports North’s Facebook and Twitter platforms will be able to see and re-post instant video clips from the broadcast and interact as part of an online hockey community by using #HDM. Fans are also encouraged to submit Hockey Day Minnesota photos via #FanOfTheNorth.
FOX Sports North will have numerous on-air talent reporting throughout the day, including Tom Hanneman, Marney Gellner, Tom Chorske, Doug McLeod, Ben Clymer, Wes Walz, Mike Greenlay, Anthony Lapanta, Casey Hankinson, Doug Woog, and Kevin Gorg. Viewers will also see a few new faces, additional details to be announced in a separate release.
Schedule of 2013 Features and Vignettes:
• Jablonski Update: Last year’s Hockey Day Minnesota event was dedicated to Jack Jablonski and included a telethon that helped raise over $134,000 in donations for his medical fund. Find out what the last year has been like for Jack and his family as they’ve adjusted daily routines after his life-changing hockey injury.
• Harding MS Diagnosis: The Minnesota Wild goalie was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. He sits down for a candid conversation about what this diagnosis means for him personally and professionally.
• Caitlin Tate: The starting goalie for Park High School in Cottage Grove, Caitlin was born without a hand. A story about how she has persevered to be a successful varsity goaltender
• City of Grand Rapids: A town rich in hockey tradition. Learn about the history of this Northern Minnesota town and the amazing ice stories that go along with it.
2013 Hockey Day Minnesota Schedule:
• 10:00 a.m. Eagan vs. Hibbing (boys) at Lake Pokegama
• 1:30 p.m. Benilde St. Margaret’s vs. Grand Rapids (boys) at Lake Pokegama
• 5:00 p.m. Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. North Dakota at Mariucci Arena
• 8:00 p.m. Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche at Xcel Energy Center
• 11:00 p.m. Hibbing vs. Grand Rapids (girls -- tape delay) at Lake Pokegama
Grand Rapids is located about three hours north of the metro area in the heart of the Northwoods and amongst over 1,000 Itasca County lakes. With year round recreation activities and attractions, this small town has a lot to offer residents and visitors alike. Media interested in covering the outdoor games in Grand Rapids should contact Cassi Chrzanowski with Visit Grand Rapids to set up credentials: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hockey Day Minnesota 2013 on FOX Sports North will be the seventh annual celebration of hockey from peewees to pros. Previous sites for outdoor games include Baudette Bay (2007, 2008), St. Paul (2009), Hermantown (2010), Moorhead (2011) and Lake Minnetonka/Excelsior (2012).
FOX Sports North reaches more than 2 million homes throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and North and South Dakota and telecasts nearly 2,600 hours of locally produced programming per year. Follow FOX Sports North on Facebook and Twitter.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.4 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores, 12,000 ATMs, the Internet (wellsfargo.com), and has offices in more than 35 countries to support the bank’s customers who conduct business in the global economy. With more than 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 26 on Fortune’s 2012 rankings of America’s largest corporations.
|Back to top ↑|