The Minnesota Wild announced the special military personnel attending Monday’s Military Appreciation Night, presented by Thomson Reuters and benefiting Defending the Blue Line.
Among the personnel:
Let’s Play Hockey
· Lt. Col. Gregory Fix, Commander of the 2nd Assault Helicopter Battalion, 147th Aviation Regement
· Lt. Col. Jeff Merricks, 34th Combat Aviation Brigade Executive Officer
Ceremonial Puck Drop
· Col. Greg Thingvold, Commander of the deploying St. Paul-based 34th Combat Aviation Brigade of the 34th Red Bull Infantry Division
· Approximately 25 members of Lt. Col. Greg Thingvold’s Brigade will be positioned throughout the lower bowl on the staircases throughout the puck drop and national athem.
· Sergeant Benjamin Hanson, Rosemount-based 34th Red Bull Infantry Division Band
1st Intermission presented by Thomson Reuters
· Minnesota Warriors Hockey Game
The Campbell’s Flag Bearer, Super America Kid and Mini Nordy will also be represented by children of military members. In addition, FSN is donating the “Elite Seats” between the benches for the game – they’re going to Chuck and Roberta Freese. Chuck has served three tours overseas and is currently a UAV pilot for the National Guard.
The State of Hockey will pay tribute to current military personnel, veterans and their families throughout the game in a variety of ways. In addition, the Wild are offering a special ticket offer to military members, including a lower level ticket, hot dog, chips and soda for $50. The offer is available at http://www.wild.com/military. Military tickets may also be purchased at the Xcel Energy Center box office.
Thomson Reuters is donating 100 lower level tickets to military members. The game will also feature National Guard members doing Let’s Play Hockey and a ceremonial puck drop. There will also be an autographed camouflage jersey auction on the concourse at section 104, featuring jerseys from Mikko Koivu, Zach Parise, Ryan Suter, Jason Pominville and Mikael Granlund. Proceeds from the auction benefit Defending the Blue Line.
|Back to top ↑|