Reminder To Wild Fans: Park Smart!
XCEL ENERGY CENTER REMINDS PATRONS TO PARK SMART!
Avoid Traffic Delays by Using Alternate Routes to Xcel Energy Center and RiverCentre During Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend
SAINT PAUL/MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – The Xcel Energy Center announced today that patrons attending events at Xcel Energy Center and RiverCentre in downtown Saint Paul from November 25-27 should allow extra time and use alternates routes to avoid traffic congestion and parking problems. Heavier traffic is expected due to the following events taking place over the holiday weekend:
Nov. 25-27 Hmong New Year 8 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Nov. 25 Minnesota Wild vs. St. Louis Blues 1:00 p.m.
Nov. 26 Mannheim Steamroller 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 27 Gretchen Wilson and Big & Rich 7:30 p.m.
For more information on parking in downtown Saint Paul, patrons should refer to http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/parking/ or www.rivercentre.org to find Park Smart! Maps, designed to offer alternate routes to the most convenient parking structures for events in Saint Paul.
The Xcel Energy Center and adjacent RiverCentre are located in downtown Saint Paul at the intersection of Kellogg Boulevard and West 7th Street. Both buildings are serviced by two ramps (RiverCentre and Kellogg) directly connected to the complex. RiverCentre and Kellogg parking ramps fill up early and alternate plans should be made for entering the city, as well as finding parking during events. There are more than 50 parking ramps/lots within a brief walk of the Xcel Energy Center and RiverCentre.
SOME OTHER TIPS TO PARK SMART!
· Choose your parking near where you’ll exit the city to avoid driving through downtown.
· Be aware of neighborhood areas around the complex that are "permit parking only."
· Look for parking as soon as you enter downtown.
· Hop on the bus. Call Metro Transit at 612-373-3333 (TTY 612-341-0104) or visit www.metrotransit.org
· Whenever possible, car pool.
· Get the latest traffic reports at www.dot.state.mn.us/tmc/trafficinfo
· Check the latest weather reports before you hit the road.
-- XCEL ENERGY CENTER --