Fan Appreciation Night On Tuesday
The National Hockey League’s (NHL) Minnesota Wild announced today that the club will honor fans for their ongoing support of the Wild as part of Fan Celebration Night on Tuesday, April 11 at 7:00 PM when the club takes on the Chicago Blackhawks.
The following events and promotions will take place during Fan Celebration Night on April 11 at Xcel Energy Center:
- The University of Minnesota pep band will perform pre-game at various gates as fans enter the arena.
- Wild players will give the “jerseys off their backs” to fans in a special postgame ceremony.
- The Three Star Award will be awarded to forward Brian Rolston who accumulated the most Three Stars of the Game points during the season. The Minnesota Wild will donate $5,000 on behalf of Rolston to Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota in an on-ice postgame presentation. Previous winners were Manny Fernandez (2000-01), Marian Gaborik (2001-02) and Dwayne Roloson (2002-03 and 2003-04).
- Wild season ticket holder Jerry Moore will select the Three Stars of the Game.
- The fourth puck in the Minnesota Wild/FSN North Year V puck series will be handed out to fans immediately following the game. The Year IV puck celebrates Minnesota hosting the 54th annual NHL All-Star Game. Year V pucks will be made available exclusively for purchase at The Hockey Lodge starting Monday, April 17.
- Additional prizes will be awarded throughout the contest, including player-autographed hockey sticks, jerseys, pucks, street banners and an XM Satellite Radio with a 12-month subscription.
- Following the game one lucky fan will win a 17-foot Stratos 375 XF boat.