Join In The State Of Hockey Opening Weekend
|A State of Hockey Passport will be given to fans at three hockey games this weekend, and they could be the key to a team autographed jersey.|
With a highly anticipated regular season finally kicking off on Thursday, the Minnesota Wild is ready to welcome fans back with a party worthy of a six-month wait. We’re not talking about some one-night bash. We’re talking about a weekend’s worth of fun and activities built around two Wild regular season games and one Hockey Hall of Fame college contest.
The festivities begin bright and early on Thursday and steamroll right through Saturday night. So clear your weekend schedule and prepare for the State of Hockey Opening Weekend Presented by Cub Foods.
Thursday, October 5
Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild – 7:30 PM
Caribou Coffee Minnesota Wild Wake-Up Rally – 6 AM to 9 AM
· Fans passing by the arena on Kellogg Boulevard receive breakfast provided by Coca-Cola and Jack Links, Caribou coffee, Pioneer Press newspaper, calendar, pocket schedule and other treats.
· WCCO Radio’s (830 AM) morning show will broadcast live from the event.
· The Hip Checks will provide live musical entertainment.
· Fans may sign a 6’ x 10’ State of Hockey postcard, which will be sent to Minnesota troops in Iraq.
Rice Park will host Thursday’s pre-game rally from 3 PM to 7 PM and will feature live music and interactive games.
· WCCO will be broadcasting live from the event.
· Interactive games will be available on 4th Street between Washington Street and Market Street.
· Food and beverage.
· Fans will again sign the postcard bound for troops in Iraq.
State of Hockey Exhibit in Xcel Energy Center concourse – Ongoing through Weekend
· All inbound fans will receive a State of Hockey Passport for entry into the Cub Foods Passport to the State of Hockey Contest.
· Six display units will be positioned throughout the concourses featuring items from the Minnesota Wild, U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame, Minnesota North Stars, Minnesota Fighting Saints, University of Minnesota and the Herb Brooks Foundation.
· Fans are encouraged to visit each display throughout the arena to have their passport stamped.
· Fans who visit each exhibit may drop off their completed passport at the Community Relations Center at the top of Section 124 before the conclusion of the second intermission.
· A drawing will be held with all completed entries with the winner announced during the third period. Winner will receive a team autographed Minnesota Wild hockey jersey.
· All outbound fans will receive a 15-month Minnesota Wild calendar.
Friday, October 6
University of Maine Black Bears vs. University of Minnesota Golden Gophers – 7:05 PM
· The Black Bears and Gophers kick off the college hockey season with the US Hockey Hall of Fame Game at the Xcel Energy Center.
· All inbound fans will receive passports as the Cub Foods Passport to the State of Hockey contest continues. The winner of the contest will receive a limited edition lithograph signed by 1960, 1980 and 1998 Olympians.
Saturday, October 7
Nashville Predators vs. Minnesota Wild – 7:00 PM
The 2006 US Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place at noon Saturday at 317 Washington Street in downtown Saint Paul. Those interested in attending can register at www.ushockeyhall.com
· The Cub Foods Passport to the State of Hockey contest will again be held with the winner receiving a Wild team autographed jersey.
· All outbound fans for the Wild’s game against the Predators will receive a Wild magnet schedule.
· A post-game concert featuring Pop Rocks will round out the weekend with a performance on the 7th Place Plaza in downtown Saint Paul.
Happy Opening Weekend!