September Charity Of The Month
The Minnesota Wild has announced that Canvas Health has been named September’s Charity of the Month. The Wild’s Charity of the Month Program provides awareness and exposure for the chosen non-profit over the course of one month.
Canvas Health’s mission is to bring hope, healing, and recovery to people’s lives. Each year the organization’s programs serve more than 8,500 children, adolescents, adults, and elderly challenged with debilitating aspects of mental illness, chemical misuse, aging, or physical and sexual abuse. Canvas Health’s support includes: psychiatry, counseling, chemical health and a wide variety of specialty programs. Canvas Health offers services in the home, in schools, in the community, and through their offices.
In 2011, Canvas Health:
• Received over 300 calls from either a homeless youth or concerned adult for the Homeless Youth Program.
• Conducted 311 presentations on bullying and abuse through our Community Education program, reaching over 9,000 participants.
• Performed 296 psychological evaluations for people referred by courts and social service programs.
• Provided intensive day treatment and rehabilitation services to 135 people struggling with chronic mental health conditions.
• Helped a total of 23 families find safe, affordable housing with our supportive housing programs.
• Gave a total of 668 children support and treatment to help them deal with mental and behavioral issues through our case management, school based support, early childhood, and in-home services.
• Provided 40,000 rides to 1,743 people who relied on our transportation program to stay active members of the community.
• Gave 241 men and women involved in the legal system the opportunity to overcome chemical dependency issues through New Choices for Recovery.
• Informed 113 people on signs of chemical abuse or misuse in themselves or a loved one through our community education program.
• Provided intensive case management to 75 people with chronic substance abuse problems or those at high risk of relapse through our Community Options program.
• Evaluated 1,061 adults and teens to diagnose chemical abuse or dependency through our Assessments, and recommended appropriate treatment options to aid in recovery.
• Answered over 44,000 calls to our Crisis Connection hotline from people struggling with a mental health emergency.
• Saw 2,029 adults, children, and families affected by mental illness or emotional disturbance through our outpatient counseling program.
• Provided immediate service to 751 people through our emergency services program and crisis clinic.
• Gave comprehensive psychological evaluations to 302 children and adults to determine areas of concern.
• Taught 250 people with serious and persistent mental illness how to live and function independently through our day treatment and employment programs.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call (651) 777-5222 or visit CanvasHealth.org.
For more information on the Wild’s Charity of the Month and organizational eligibility, program policy and past charities of the month, click here.