Used Hockey Equipment Distribution
Gear for the fourth annual Used Hockey Equipment Drive has been collected, sorted and is ready for distribution. Public dissemination of the equipment is 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Oct. 6 at Xcel Energy Center.
If you’d like the opportunity to collect some equipment, which is free and open to the public, follow the guidelines below:
• Doors to Xcel Energy Center Gate 1 lobby will open at 6:00 a.m.
• A line will be formed in the Gate 1 lobby area
• Admittance into the equipment drive distribution area will begin at 9:00 a.m.
• Guests will be allowed to enter in groups of 15 – 20 at a time
• As guests exit the equipment drive distribution area, more people will be allowed to enter, but at the discretion of the equipment drive staff
• Guests are asked to take only what they truly need for themselves or their children
• Only one set of equipment per person is allowed
• This would be the equivalent of one article of equipment from each category
• For example: one helmet, one pair of gloves, one stick, etc.
• If you take Goaltenders equipment, this constitutes as a set of gear and you should not also take general players gear
• Exceptions to these rules will be made on a per case basis
If you are collecting gear for a youngster, he or she should be present in order to ensure that the equipment fits properly.
The Minnesota Wild, Let’s Play Hockey and Minnesota Hockey teamed up with Berger Transfer to help outfit players and help grow the sport in the State of Hockey.