The Minnesota Wild receives several hundred requests for memorabilia, player appearances, and speaking engagements from organizations each month. We wish it were possible to honor all of them since most are very worthwhile causes. Please know that all requests are given serious consideration. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, the following guidelines must be followed to assure fairness.
- You are a non-profit organization located in the state of Minnesota. Exceptions are made on a very limited basis.
- Your organization supports or benefits youth hockey, disadvantaged youth and their families, medical related causes, or educational initiatives in the state of Minnesota
- Your request is for fundraising purposes only - raffle, live or silent auction. The Wild donation program exists to aid non-profit organizations raise funds through the sale of donated items at a fundraising event.
- Your event is at least six (6) weeks from the day you submit your online application.
Requests related to the following are INELIGIBLE to receive donations:
- Awards, prizes and incentive programs
- Requests for operating expenses and other monetary donations
- Individuals or individual pursuits, fraternal, labor or political groups
- 3rd party fundraising (walks/runs/fundraising teams, etc.) or organizational campaign
ALL DONATION REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE APPLICATION. FAXES, EMAILS, PHONE CALLS, AND MAILED SUBMISSIONS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.
- My Organization focuses its efforts on assisting organizations that benefit youth hockey, disadvantaged youth, medical related causes, and educational programs for youth.
- The purpose of my fundraising event is to benefit an individual or family member affected by a serious medical condition.
Donations are mailed at least 2 weeks before the item is needed for the event.
Considerations for donations include: type of event, non-profit status, projected proceeds raised, past donations, beneficiary (i.e. medical related causes, youth hockey in the state of Minnesota, and educational initiatives).
All decisions made by the Minnesota Wild Community Relations Department are final.
Q: My charity organized an event at the last minute and we need a rush on a donation/auction item. Can you send us something quickly?
A: Unfortunately, due to the number of requests we receive, we need a six-week time frame to fulfill requests. We appreciate your understanding and hope you will consider involving the Wild in your future fundraising activities.
Q: How long will it take to get a response to my donation request?
A: Donation requests will typically be sent out two weeks prior to the date the donation is needed.
Q: Can I deliver merchandise to the Wild offices and have them autographed by the players?
A: No, unfortunately we are unable to have merchandise that is forwarded to us autographed. Due to the high volume of requests that we receive, we are unable to fulfill this type of request.
Q: Will a player write back if I send fan mail to their attention?
A: Minnesota Wild players receive hundreds of letters from fans each year. Each player is responsible for opening and replying to letters from their fans. The Minnesota Wild cannot guarantee that all letters will be responded to. Additionally, Minnesota Wild organization and players are not responsible for returning any items sent.
Players can receive fan mail by sending letters to:
Attn: (Player’s Name)
317 Washington Street
St. Paul, MN 55102
Q: Are Minnesota Wild hockey practices open to the public?