MINNESOTA WILD BACKSTROM
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Backstrom Mask Contest (the “Promotion”) is only open to legal residents of the continental United States of America who, at the time of participation, are eighteen (18) years old or under (“Eligible Participant”). Any Employee, officer or director of Minnesota Hockey Ventures, L. P. (“Wild”), and any participating promotional company and prize provider, its respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers, and entities involved in the creation of Promotion materials, and members of the immediate family (spouse, children, siblings, parents) or persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. Each Eligible Participant must agree to the below Official Rules and to all decisions of the Wild, which are FINAL and BINDING in all respects. The Promotion is void where prohibited. RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
2. ENTRY: Each Eligible Participant may enter the Promotion anytime between May 1, 2010, beginning at 10 a.m. CDT and July 15, 2010 ending at 11 p.m. CDT (the “Contest Period”) by creating and submitting a mask design in accordance with the .pdf provided. Upon submission, the mask design, and any submitted artwork associated therewith as well as any creative product of the submission shall become property of the Wild. All mailed entries MUST be received by the Wild during the Contest Period. Mailed entries shall be sent care of: Backstrom Mask Contest, Minnesota Wild Hockey Club, 317 Washington Street, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102. Eligible Participants are allowed only one (1) entry for the Promotion during the Contest Period. No exceptions will be allowed.
3. WINNING: At the end of the Contest Period, five (5) entries will be chosen by the Wild from all eligible entries (each a “Finalist Entry” and collectively “Finalist Entries”). All Finalist Entries shall receive an autographed version of the submitted Finalist Entry. All Finalist Entries will be sent to Niklas Backstrom who will select a Grand Prize Winner for the promotion (“Grand Prize Winner”). (The Finalist Entry Participants and Grand Prize Winner shall collectively be referred to as “Winner”) Winner shall refer to both the minor and/or legal guardian, each as the case may be. Notwithstanding anything in these Official Rules, the Wild may discontinue the Promotion at any time in its sole discretion without any prior notice (written or otherwise) to Eligible Participants.
4. PRIZES: The Grand Prize Winner shall receive the following prize:
• An Autographed Replica Mask containing the Grand Prize Finalist Entry submission
• An opportunity to sit in the workshop of designer/artist Todd Miska during the construction of the mask
• An opportunity to present Niklas Backstrom with the final mask at 2010 Wild Training Camp
The Grand Prize Winner shall be responsible for any costs associated with transportation or travel in connection with the Grand Prize, including but not limited to travel to and from Todd Miska’s studio in Stacy, Minnesota as well as to and from Minnesota Wild Training Camp.
5. ODDS/LIMITS ON PRIZES AVAILABLE: The odds of being selected as a Winner depend on the number of entries received during the Contest Period. Prizes are not transferable and may not be given, bartered, bargained for, sold, or exchanged for another Prize. All taxes on any Prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the Winner(s).
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winner(s) may be required by the Wild in its sole discretion to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) business days of the date of being named a Winner. In the event a Winner fails to timely return any document, or if a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if any Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification may result. No alternate Winner will be selected. By accepting a Prize, where permitted by law, Winner grants to and authorizes the Wild and their designee, (which shall be confirmed in writing upon request of the Wild), its
parents, subsidiaries and related companies, and those acting pursuant to the direction of the Wild, the right to print, publish, broadcast and otherwise use, worldwide in any medium now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web (the internet), at any time or times exclusive use of the Winner's full name, photo, picture, portrait, or other likeness, voice and indicia of persona, and biographical information as news or information, and for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without additional compensation or consideration, and without notification, review or approval.
Each participant, as a condition of participating, releases and shall indemnify and hold harmless, Minnesota Hockey Ventures Group, L. P. its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns from any and all liability, regardless of fault, for any and all injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person(s), including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in any Promotion related activity, or participation in this Promotion. The Winner(s) shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her Prize after it has been delivered.
Wild reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual from the Promotion that it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process, or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting, or be, in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unreasonable, non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect or portion of this Promotion.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
a) Any attempted participation by means other than those permitted by these Official Rules, is void. The Wild and any participating promotion agencies or prize providers shall not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries; or any technical error(s) or failure(s), or any unauthorized human intervention, or for the inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Wild are not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide the Wild with the proper contact information when such information is required.
b) Neither the Wild nor any participating promotion agency or prize provider are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmission(s), lost, late, damaged, misdirected entries, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause). If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason which the Wild, in its sole opinion, deem could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Wild reserve the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, in whole or in part, and if possible, to select the Contestants from entries received prior to the action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by the Wild. The Wild reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in any manner deemed by the Wild to be in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in any manner deemed by the Wild to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, in an unreasonable manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or to be deemed otherwise violating Minnesota law. The Wild reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE WILD, ANY PARTICIPATING PROMOTIONAL COMPANY OR PRIZE PROVIDER, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES REGARDLESS OF FAULT.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: Participant agrees that this Promotion shall be exclusively subject to the laws of Minnesota in the United States of America. Each prize shall have no cash value and is subject to forfeiture for any violation of the rules herein. Unclaimed prizes shall not be awarded. Additionally, the Wild reserve the right to prosecute any fraudulent or otherwise illegal activities to the full extent of the law. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF MINNESOTA CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE WILD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, participants in the Promotion agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action lawsuit, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the State of Minnesota pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but SHALL NOT include attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and the Wild in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, excluding Minnesota’s conflicts of law doctrine.
Promotion sponsored by: Minnesota Wild Hockey Club, 317 Washington Street, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102.