Minnesota Wild "Best Jersey in the State of Hockey" Official Rules
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Minnesota Wild’s “Best Jersey in the State of Hockey” (the “Contest”) is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are permanent legal residents of the States of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois or Wisconsin who are at least eighteen (18) years old. The Contest is void outside the States of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois or Wisconsin and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Minnesota Wild Hockey Club, L.P. (“Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. The Contest, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the eligible Contest territory, and entrants must be present in the eligible Contest territory at the time they enter.
2. TIMING. The Contest entry period begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on September 7, 2012, and ends at 12:00 p.m. CT on October 10, 2012. Entries will be received starting at 9:00 a.m. on September 7, 2012 and through 11:59 p.m. on September 19, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There is one (1) way to enter the Contest: a. TO ENTER ONLINE: During the Entry Period, go to www.wild.com or the Minnesota Wild’s Fan page and follow the link for the Best Jersey in the State of Hockey to find the Official Entry Form. Fully complete the Official Entry Form by entering all requested information on the form, and submitting a photo of your jersey. b. JERSEY GUIDELINES: All jersey submissions must be made with the approval of the appropriate parties (i.e. sponsors, team owners, league governing body). The jerseys submitted must belong to a team that plays its home games within the State of Minnesota. Sponsor reserves the right to block any submission that is deemed by Sponsor to be inappropriate. c. FOR ALL ENTRIES: LIMIT: One (1) entry per person or address (physical or email) in the Contest. All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period (or during such certain dates and times within the Entry Period as expressly specified above). All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner. See Section 12 below ("Data Collection") regarding data collected in connection with an entrant's entry and an entrant's ability to opt-out of /opt-in to receiving marketing and promotional materials.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
5. SELECTION; ODDS; NOTIFICATION. On or about October 1, 2012, Sponsor will select thirty-two entrants who have the best or most unique jerseys that comply with the Jersey Guidelines, decision to be made in Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor. Those thirty-two jerseys will then be posted on the Contest page where Minnesota Wild fans will be asked to vote on their favorite jerseys from that group. On or about October 11, 2012, the one (1) jersey that has received the highest number of votes and survived the bracket elimination will be declared the first prize winner and will be awarded a first prize.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in the Contest.
The entrant selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified by phone or email. The potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) (an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time indicated within the Affidavit/Release. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in his/her place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received by Sponsor for the Contest. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner will be notified as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Sponsor as described above; provided, however, Sponsor may alter the above timing to meet its Contest schedule.
6. PRIZE. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, one (1) prize will be awarded in this Contest.
The prize consists of and is limited to one hour of ice time at the Xcel Energy Center for twenty (20) people and one suite for a Minnesota Wild regular season home game. The ice time will only be available on the day of the Minnesota Wild game and the date of that game is to be determined by the Minnesota Wild in their sole discretion. The suite includes and is limited to twenty (20) tickets for admission to the suite. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of this prize is $4,000.00.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded, and prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor or the Wild shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value, including cash, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize and any travel costs that may be incurred. If applicable, prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. Winners receiving $600 or more of prizes are required to be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize received. LIMIT: One (1) prize per person or address (physical or email) in this Contest.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and their respective designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent. By participating in the Contest, Entrant acknowledges and accepts that the jersey picture they submit may be displayed on Wild.com and on the Minnesota Wild Fan page.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award prizes at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
9. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from the Wild’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Wild or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Wild’s respective websites by a hypertext link.
11. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Minneapolis or St. Paul, Minnesota; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
13. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at http://www.wild.com or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Best Jersey Contest – Rules Request,” Minnesota Wild, 317 Washington Street, St. Paul, Minnesota 55102. 14. SPONSOR. The sponsor of the Contest and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Minnesota Wild Hockey Club, 317 Washington Street, St. Paul, Minnesota 55102.