NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Minnesota Wild and Anheuser Busch “Emergency Goalie Contest” (“Contest”) is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are at least twenty-one (21) years of age and legal residents of the United States. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of the Minnesota Wild Hockey Club LP and Anheuser-Busch, Inc. (“Co-Sponsors”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. The Contest, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the eligible Contest territory, and entrants must be present in the eligible Contest territory at the time they enter.
2. TIMING. The Contest entry period begins at 12:01 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on October 25, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on November 9, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). The Contest Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER; SUBMISSIONS AND COMPLIANCE WITH OFFICIAL RULES
• HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, go to www.wild.com and follow the instructions for
entry. All entries must be received by the Wild during the Entry Period. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the owner of the email address from which the entry was submitted will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized entrant. All entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized entrant of the submitted entry.
b. SUBMISSIONS: All submissions in the Contest by an entrant shall be in English, and all components of such submissions must be the entrant’s own original creation, created solely by entrant. Each submission must be in keeping with Co-Sponsors’ positive image and may not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by the Wild in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or entity, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s or entity’s personal, intellectual property or property rights or any other third party rights (including, without limitation, copyright and trademark rights). A submission may not incorporate or include anything that would require the consent of any third party for use of the submission by Co-Sponsors. The Wild reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry they deem, in whole or in part, to be offensive, inappropriate or that is not in keeping with either of the Co-Sponsors’ positive image; such a determination by the Wild may be made at any time, including, without limitation, based on facts or circumstances arising before, during or after submission of an entrant’s entry.
c. COMPLIANCE WITH OFFICIAL RULES: Failure to submit all required information and submissions in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected and the entrant disqualified.
d. USE OF SUBMISSIONS. Each entry and its related submissions, including without limitation, all contents, concepts and ideas embodied therein, become the exclusive property of the Wild, and will not be returned. By submitting an entry, it is acknowledged that use of the submitted materials may include posting of some or all of the entrant’s submission on www.wild.com, on the Minnesota Wild’s Facebook page, or on third party websites in connection with the conduct of the Contest.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Co-Sponsors (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
5. SELECTION OF WINNING ENTRY; ODDS; NOTIFICATION.
On or about November 9, 2012, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will select ten (10) entries (“Qualifier Participants”) from among all eligible entries received to participate in a goalie tryout at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN on November 15, 2012 (“Qualifier”). The Qualifier Participants will be chosen based on the goalie experience they submitted, experience to be judged by the Wild, in its sole discretion. Odds of being chosen as a Qualifier Participant depend on the number of eligible entries received by the Wild. The Qualifier Participants will be notified by phone by the Wild. If the Qualifier Participant cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the Qualifier Participant is found to be ineligible, or if the Qualifier Participant does not comply with the Official Rules, or if the Qualifier Participant is unable to attend the Qualifier then the Qualifier Participant may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected by the Wild in his/her place from among all eligible non-winning entries received by the Wild during the Entry Period. Each Qualifier Participant will be required to sign a waiver prior to participating in the Qualifier. If a Qualifier Participant fails to sign the waiver, an alternate Qualifier Participant will be chosen by the Wild.
On November 15, 2012 the Qualifier Participants will participate in the Qualifier. The two (2) Qualifier Participants who are most successful in the tryout process, in the sole discretion of the Wild, will be deemed the finalists of the Contest (“Finalists”). The Finalists will be announced following the conclusion of the Qualifier. The Finalists must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and being a finalist is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Finalists must be able to attend the Houston Aeros game at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN on November 18, 2012. If a Finalist is unable to attend the game, the Qualifier Participant who came in third during the Qualifier may be named a finalist.
On November 18, 2012 the Finalists will compete on ice during intermission of the Houston Aeros game. The winner of the on-ice activity will be named the Contest Winner (“Winner”). The Winner will be eligible to be used
by the Minnesota Wild as an emergency goalie at some point in the future. There is no guarantee that anyone will be used by the Minnesota Wild, that decision will be made by the Wild in their sole discretion. Note: The participants in this Contest must meet certain skill requirements in order to advance to the Houston Aeros game on November 18, 2012 and to be eligible to be used as an emergency goalie by the Minnesota Wild. If no Qualifier Participant meets these requirements, the Wild reserves the right to choose not to advance any of them.
6. PRIZE. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, one (1) 1st place prize and one (1) runner-up prize will be awarded in this Contest. The 1st place prize consists of and is limited to one (1) Minnesota Wild jersey and $400.00 of Anheuser Busch merchandise. There approximate retail value (“ARV”) of this prize is $550.00.The runner up prize consists of and is limited to a Minnesota Wild jersey and $100.00 of Anheuser Busch merchandise. There approximate retail value (“ARV”) of this prize is $250.00.Prize must be accepted as awarded, and prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or the Wild or for which Sponsor or the Wild shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by the Co-Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value, including cash, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by Co-Sponsors. Winners are solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize or any travel that is required to participate. If applicable, prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. LIMIT: One (1) prize per person or address (physical or email) in this Contest.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to Co-Sponsors’ (and their respective designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Wild reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if, in their opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond the Wild’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, the Wild reserve the right (but do not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award a prize at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. The Wild reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, the Wild reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Wild’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
9. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Co-Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Co-Sponsors are not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Co-Sponsors’ website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by them or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Co-Sponsors’ respective websites by a hypertext link.
11. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Minneapolis or St. Paul, Minnesota; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, Sponsor or the Wild in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
12. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Emergency Goalie Contest,” Minnesota Wild, 317 Washington St., St. Paul, Minnesota 55102.
13. SPONSOR. The sponsor of the Contest and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Minnesota Wild, 317 Washington St., St. Paul, Minnesota 55102.